Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Moving In




Here are a few pics of the move and the progress. The pictures don't articulate the amount of work we did to get from one step of progress to the next, but you can at least see some of the progress:

The day before the movers came


The day the movers came


What it looks like for now, until we get our couches in a couple weeks


As for actually being in the house, I've begun to solidify the foundation of who I am. There's a part of me that has grown into an adult, with adult responsibilities and activities. No longer do I not care where the phone guy pokes a hole in the wall to get a line into this room or that. These are my walls. No longer do I fear an automatic payment coming out of my account because what if I don't have the money?? I've learned (through trial and error, of course) that my bank account is exactly what I put in and exactly what I take out; nothing more, nothing less. No longer do I live in a world of instant gratification where I think only of myself and my wants. I find that I'm usually able to discern the difference between wants and needs, and then act accordingly. No longer do I hold the same status as both of my parents at their deaths: renter. I'd like to believe they're proud of me, but more importantly, I'm proud of myself. 

It is all these things and the realization of each that brings me into this afternoon of my life. I can appreciate the morning for the new day and the beginnings that got me here. I can appreciate the evening for the circle of life and the journeys of getting there. And I can appreciate this afternoon for what it is and savor my surroundings, my energy, my soul as I move forward, always forward, in this life. 

I'm just going to enjoy this all while I can. What will you do with your afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment