Friday, March 6, 2009

The Move

The movers were scheduled for an 8am-12pm window today, but they didn't show up. Mainly because I asked them not to. Yesterday around noon we got news that we wouldn't be getting the keys, and the reason we wouldn't get them was unclear. The only thing we knew was that we'd done everything on our end right, and that the seller didn't have everything in place to get our loan funded. 

When I got the call from my agent, I was devastated. Crushed. I'm almost uncertain of everything she said after: "Cancel the movers, I can't give you keys today." It was a Charlie Brown moment and "...wah wah wah waah wahh waahah," was all I that came through the phone line. I tried to keep my composure, but tears streamed down my face, my throat closed up, my heart pounded, and my ears rung while I seemed to lose all feeling in my body. My growth in flexibility was tested. And I failed. At least, I failed for about an hour.

It took a little over an hour for me to come to realize that the world was not, in fact, crumbling around me. We were simply waiting for the sellers to get the rest of their ducks in a row, as it were. And now that's done. This afternoon around 1:30 we received an email stating that our loan has been funded. FUNDED! This is what we've been waiting for so we can get our keys. And now that the loan has been FUNDED, we're getting said keys at 5:30 this evening. I'm back to the tears, the closing throat, the heart pounding, the overall body numbness, the ringing ears...but for very different reasons.

I have the wine and bottle opener sitting by the door, ready to go over to the house. We'll have a little ghetto toast in plastic cups, and drop off the office chair we purchased this afternoon. We'll show off the house to a couple of friends and hug everything in the house, even if I haven't had a chance to clean it (cleaning comes tomorrow).

As for the movers, I've asked them to come on Monday. We'll try the 8-12 window again, and this time I won't call them to cancel less than 24 hours before they're set to arrive. Monday will be a good day. Hell, today is a good day. They all are, if I take the time to realize it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment