Friday, February 20, 2009

Volunteer Client Found

Today I begin the first day of the rest of my life. I guess we do this every day. But it's not every day that I start Life Coach Training. I'm pretty excited to get started, and even more excited that I've found a volunteer client to coach for my homework assignment tomorrow night. As it turns out, I will need to coach a volunteer client on the second night of each of the 4 remaining courses. I can either use the same volunteer from this course, or use a new volunteer every time, and I'm sure there are benefits to both. If anyone is interested, please email me and let me know. 

I was hoping to get a good night's sleep last night, but our new puppy got sick late in the afternoon. He spent a good chunk of the wee hours of the morning throwing up grass he'd eaten earlier in the day to try and make himself hurl. So every other hour had us jumping up to try and get him to the hardwood floors for easier mess cleaning, and subsequently cleaning up said mess. he seems to have gotten it all out of his system and is sleeping soundly (and snoring loudly) at the moment.

Last night and this morning (or maybe this entire week and month) have reminded me that things will always come up. It's rare that things will go according to plan 100% of the time, so I need to be prepared to be flexible. And in order to be flexible, I need to take care of myself. I've not meditated much in the last week, and plan on doing that this morning before I head out to class this afternoon. I'm also taking myself to breakfast. A) to ensure I actually eat breakfast, B) so that I don't have to clean up after myself when I'm done, and C) to sit with myself and enjoy my own company out amongst strangers. The next 3 days (today included) are going to be intense and I need to make sure I'm ready to take that on. 

I'm finding that the more time I take for myself, the more time I can give to others. It's a rather peaceful feeling, and I'm glad I can recognize it. 

2 comments:

  1. Hummm...I guess I messed up your plan when I ran into your at breakfast.... :D

    ReplyDelete