Monday, June 7, 2010

Truth Speaks

my truth says…

my truth says,
you are not alone.
my truth says,
you are big enough,
you are just right.

my truth says,
you are powerful beyond words.
my truth says,
you are powerful with your words.
my truth says,
you are powerful when you
speak your words.

my truth says,
you are perfect.
my truth says,
you are brilliant.
my truth says,
you are already
something;
you are already
someone.

my truth says,
you are brave.
my truth says,
your courage is beautiful.
my truth says,
your tears wash away
what no longer is;
the feeling is bliss.

my truth says,
you are all that you need to be;
you are growing.
my truth says,
just be you.
my truth says,
you are worth it.

5 comments:

  1. Woooow this is amazing! :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if you are looking for this, but A-LOVE the poem. There is a lot of truth digging in our lives but can be hard to put into words. B-I love the rhythm you created... keeps my eyes bouncing along C-I read this two different ways. 1, reading each and every line of "my truth says." But, when I tried to read it again, I naturally started skipping "my truth says." And so I read it one last time, and was hit with the most power of your poem by only reading "my truth says" twice for each stanza--once in the beginning and the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie Mae—feedback is always appreciated. I'm actually using this poem for a piece I'm working on at my other site, and will try out the beginning/end use and see how if feels.

    Thanks for the comment & the feedback =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!!Feel free to visit my blog at : http://desidiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. "My truth says you are already someone." This is something I need to remind myself of often. I am someone NOW. Not once I accomplish something on life list. Not once I have earned a certain amount of money/recognition or reached a certain dress size. Right now, I am already someone.

    I love that you have this space to write more freely. I feel like my blog is so targeted that I can no longer participate in challenges (like yours) where free-writing is encouraged. It makes me want to resurrect my original blogspot blog so that I too can wax eloquent on whatever I might feel like talking about... So yes, you have officially inspired me to do that! =)
    PS- I gave you and Bindu a lil shout out on my tech blog... also not the place for free writing... is three blogs too many?? =)

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/blogs/jennhp/B_2488-Building-Your-Business-Through-Social-Media-Meetups.html

    ReplyDelete