Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Place I'm Meant To Go [Updated with Video]

I wrote this yesterday in one of the camp fires over at Julie Jordan Scott's Writing Intensive Camp.

the place i’m meant to go with my writing and my words is….

deep. raw. inside. what i think people won’t love me for. what i think people will judge me for. what i think people will hate me for.

the place i fear the most. that fear guides me into the fears of others and calls out to come and play, what would stay underground and unheard for years.

where i have feared to go. where others have feared to go. where others have no idea.

the place no one else can get to. the place only i can see. the place only my intuition can shed light on. the place we all need to go.

the place i need to be. if i focus on nothing else, i ought to be focused on what’s dying to come out.

the place i’m meant to go in my writing is the heart. the soul. the center.


[Updated with video below, also as seen on Authentic Realities 6.1.10]

7 comments:

  1. I believe I should read this every night before I begin tapping into my blog posts. Entering that trance is perhaps not quite enough, remembering what to look - that's the secret!

    Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Dian. I think I should read this daily too. What a great reminder to just write (or create) - write/create from the heart, the soul, the center. Because when you do, someone else will get it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowie zowie baby!
    that is some deep internal work.
    i love, love, love this. maybe we all need to read this each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! NAKED writing - my favorite kind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, thank you o+h, jd, & spk ... i've been reading it everyday, myself ... and listening to the video...feels like it's my inner child reminding me of where i'm meant to be

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) It is so great to see what this is growing into... what a blessing to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete