Monday, July 6, 2009

Having Fun

I tend to be pretty serious with the posts up in this joint, so I'm taking a detour this post. I went to Palm Springs for my birthday weekend a couple of weeks ago and here is a little of what happened:



And not necessarily in that order.

In other news, I've spent the last week without my computer, as previously reported, and it's created such a beautiful space for learning more and more about myself. It was nice to not be tied to my computer, opening up Word and typing and typing and typing and getting distracted by email and FaceBook and Blogger and IM and checking my account balance and then chastising myself for getting distracted.

I just wrote 3 paragraphs that were (while interesting, I'm sure) not fun at all. I really need practice at this fun thing. So here's what I propose:

Do five fun things this week. Try at least two from this list and then make up a couple of your own:
  1. Laugh out loud in the middle of a crowded room
  2. Dance in your living room with your dog or cat or an imaginary friend if you have no animals
  3. Sit on your couch with your feet in the air
  4. Stick your toes in the water on a sandy beach
  5. Have your favorite dinner for breakfast
  6. Roll down a grassy hill (unless you're allergic to grass like me!)
  7. Send someone a silly card in the mail
  8. Play with your food
  9. Hula hoop in the park
  10. Run like Phoebe around the block
My plan is to get to all of these in the next 7 days... and you??

1 comment:

  1. I literally (literally) made a point of running like Phoebe through the snow we recently had. And it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete